Thursday, May 12, 2011

30 Days of Books?

My buddy Mollie over at Ok in UK is doing this and she got it from somewhere and I am stealing it from her. 

Since I am a total book WHORE, I should have no problem with this, right?

DAY 1 - YOUR FAVORITE BOOK

This book is nothing short of a total mind fuck.  It is terrifying in that psychological, you don't really KNOW why you're scared kind of way.  Not to mention that the format of the book is all part of the story. 

There are pages that are normal.  But then there's this:

 And this:


 And even this:



The story itself is about a couple of different stories that connect...a house that has a bottomless room, a junkie who got his hands on the story and it's making him go crazy...a mother in a mental institution...It's a fantastically magnificent and involved book.  It must be read to be understood as there is NO WAY I can do it justice.





6 comments:

  1. I just read the synopsis for this book and it scared the shit out of me. I'm reserving it at the library now! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Lord. I'm speechless! That's really a miracle for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really intrigued! This is going on my "to read" list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing this post got me thinking and so I am reading it again. I just started today and the intro got me all excited. Any one want to discuss, let me know. WE can link up in the facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sold! It's now on my Amazon wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. What did you think?