Monday, May 23, 2011

12- 30 Days of Books

After today I am moving the 30 days of books into its own tab because it doesn't really have anything to do with Motherhood. 

Day 12 - A book so emotionally draining that you either couldn't finish it or had to set it aside for a bit.

(I wish this was an option in real life)


This is seriously one of the best books I have ever read.  Seriously.  I am oh, so grateful that I finished it.  But it's tough.  The subject matter is tremendously disturbing, unless you find pre-pubescent boys dressing up like little girls and  turning tricks at truck stops "easy to read".

I was devastated when I found out that JT Leroy sold the movie rights to this and then came out in public (he/she was a "recluse" which was apparently all a stunt) because the idea that it was a real autobiographical novel added power to it.  Still a fucking fantastically powerful read.  And who could resist the title? 
Image from amazon.com
The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things by JT LeRoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. What did you think?