Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Because I am lazy today

I am feeling kind of blah today so I am posting a Ten on Tuesday instead of a Mommy blog. 

Questions from Roots and Rings where I will also be linking up!

1. From your childhood, what do you miss most about summer vacation?
Um...Having one?  Unless you're a teacher you don't generally get 3 months off in the middle of the summer.  I also miss fighting with the neighborhood kids about who rode their bike the fastest and staying outside ALL DAY LONG.

2. Are you going anywhere on vacation this summer?
Possibly to Lake George.  Nowhere far or full of excitement.  It's just too expensive right now to do anything.  And Lila is JUST NOW getting to an age where she is sleeping like a normal person so we think it may be safe to intrude on my relatives for a long weekend.

3. What foods do you like to barbecue?
Meat.  I love meat.  I like to make kabobs with meat and veggies.  However.  I am terrified of the grill for some stupid reason so I make Ben do all the grilling.

4. How do you celebrate the fourth of July?
We try to go to the beach and see some fireworks.  Pretty standard stuff.  HOWEVER, the real excitement happens when we come home...We live in a city.  And for some reason, my neighbors always think it's perfectly appropriate to come home after drinking all day and set off their own fireworks in the middle of the night.  I cross my fingers and hope someone takes off a finger so they will knock it off but no one ever does.

5. What’s your favorite beverage to drink in the summertime?
My bevarage of choice year round is coffee.  But my NEW summertime beverage is Pink Lemonade spiked with Cherry Vodka.  I am sure there's a name for it but I call it Selena's Cherry Fantastic.  I am going to have to go have one now.  It's 5pm somewhere, right?

6. What movie are you looking forward to seeing this summer?
Eh.

7. In the car: windows down or AC?
AC.  I lived in Arizona for 5 years and that spoiled me to the AC forever.  I LOVE not having hot air blowing in my eyes for some reason.

8. Have you ever had a summer fling?
Hahahahahahaahaha!  I plead the fifth.

9. Do you wear sunscreen?
I don't usually.  Because I am stubborn and because I don't spend a ton of time in the sun.  I like to get A LITTLE color when I do.

10. Do you have any favorite summertime activities?
Napping on hot days nude with the fan going.  Does that count as a hobby?

1 comment:

I love comments. What did you think?