Sunday Stealing!!! Because I LOVE telling you everything!
1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog?
Because Motherhood Sucks! Duh! No really, I was insane with Post-Partum Depression and needed to vent.
2. Why did you choose your blog's name? What does it mean?
See above. I think my blogs name is pretty self explanatory.
3. Did you ever had another blog?
Yes. I had one called "SelenaLand" for a long time where I just posted random things I liked and ranted about current events. I have started and deleted a few others revolving around cancelled television shows. Oh, and my Depression blog.
4. What do you do online when you're not on your blog?
Mostly I look at Internet porn and radical Christian apocalypse sites. Usually at the same time.
5. How about when you're not on the computer?
I mostly just drink a lot of coffee and try not to have to kill anyone. I haven't slapped ANY total strangers this week and that is surprising because Black Friday was this week!
6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you?
That I don't TOTALLY hate motherhood. Only like 85%. ;-)
7. What is your favorite community in the blogosphere?
I like the Write on Edge people.
8. What is your philosophy on your blog layout?
I don't have a "philosophy". I just picked a template.
9. Tell me about your picture you use to represent you on your blog.
My Profile pic is of a 50s era mother taking something out of the oven and telling her daughter "Just because Mommy loves you doesn't mean Mommy likes you." Or some variation on that. That is the theme of a good portion of my posts.
10. Pick 3 random blogs from your blog roll and tell us about them.
Well, People I Want to Punch in the Throat needs very little explanation. Attracted to Shiny Things never EVER disappoints me, and what mother wouldn't LOVE Moms Who Drink and Swear (besides really douchy ones)?
11. What features do you think your blog should have that it doesn't currently?
I think it should alert me as soon as anyone interesting visits and then allow me to chat directly with that person. But I get to set the standards of what "interesting" entails. I don't want to make friends with some asshole who has 35 ferrets and lives in a basement.
12. What do you consider the 10 most "telling" interests that we would infer from your blog persona?
Hmmm. Obviously I am into self-torture and masochism. I clearly like to watch a lot of television. I spend WAAAAAAY too much time on the interwebs ("IT'S A SERIES OF TUBES!!!). I enjoy pie but won't bake one. I enjoy eating out at chain restaurants. I like to be left alone...HOW IS THAT ONLY 6 INTERESTS?...I am interested in bad jokes and dark humor. Perhaps you would somehow intuit that I am also interested in world domination and obtaining super powers, but I don't think I have made that evident on my blog. Oh and my interest in fire.
13. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before? What are they?
Sloths playing woodwind instruments would be a unique thing that I would be totally interested in. And I have never even thought of it, let alone shared it.
14. The best thing about blogging is all of the friends that you make, aside from those folks, do you think your blog has fans?
I like to believe so. Thousands of people can't possibly just be coming to my blog after searching "Justin Bieber Bulge" like my stats say (true story). The CLEARLY secretly love my blog.
15. What's your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination?
I am currently obsessed with getting through the holiday season without having to enter the asylum (again). It's going to be tough, but I now have a pill for that.
16. What are you glad you did but haven't really had a chance to post about?
I refuse to admit that having my child was the best thing that ever happened to me and she is a truly fantastic kid. Telling anyone that would completely tarnish my reputation.
17. How many people that first became a blog friend, have you met face to face?
None. I have to keep my identity a total secret, which is why I use my real name.
18. What don't you talk about here, either because it's too personal or because you don't have the energy?
I started my Depression blog because Motherhood is depressing enough.
19. What's a question that you'd love to answer?
"Tell me why people around the world are completely enthralled by you? In other words, how did you become a millionaire from writing your blog?"
20. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and regretted it?
Not sure what all this entails.
21. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and thought, “Was that overdue!”
Again, I don't understand. If a person whose blog I read and commented on and interacted with started to act like an asshole, I would simply stop the interaction. Is this a real problem out in blog land?
From SUNDAY STEALING