Friday, April 1, 2011

Annoying. (Or what it's like to be three)

"Mommy.  Mommy.  Mommy.  Mommy.  MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMYMOMMY!"

She isn't paying attention.  Daddy keeps on talking to her but I need her NOW! 

"Mommy Mommy MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY!!!!"

I don't want to hang on a minute.  I don't want to wait until she's finished talking.  I have to tell her something REALLY REALLY REALLY important!  I have to tell her NOW!  I have to tell her right this minute because I really really have to tell her!

"MOM-MY.  MOM-MY!"  "MOOOOM-MY!"
Maybe if I just whine a little bit, "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMY!" But not too much because then she won't let me tell her.  I'll just make the sad face too.  "MOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMY!"

Um...She's looking at me now. I want to tell her something but what is it? She stopped talking and she's waiting for me to tell her what.  I have to tell her something and I want her to know that....hmmm......Look!  There's my Strawberry Shortcake Doll.  I'm going to go over and get it. 

"I like Strawberry Shortcake, Mommy!"

........................................................................

From the prompt found here:

10 comments:

  1. hahahaha Gee.... I can't wait for that to start happening around my house!
    Thanks for the sneak peek inside the little hellion's head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is just under 2, but I can totally see this coming. I have empathy for her--she really does think it's crucial that she talk to you. But of course, it's still frustrating.

    Liked this take a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so true. The moment in which the kid finally gets Mom's attention and..... what was it she wants to say again? I have no idea. Point-5 seconds ago it was the most important thing in the world and now? No memory of what it was.

    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! This is perfect! My turning-3-in-16-days kiddo is exactly this! (But it's a train or dinosaur instead of Strawberry Shortcake! LOL)
    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, this is my daughter to a tee, the mommy, mommy, mommys and then she's forgotten what she wanted to tell me and shows me something completely random. Love that you used this for the prompt it was definately a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my life times 3. So true! They totally forget what they wanted the second you look at them! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get this from my son… apparently I'm the best ass-wiper around :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have three little assho..er, beautiful children at home who enjoy doing this. It's payback. I actually remember doing this to my mother once when she was on the phone. I stood next to her poking her arm until she reached over and slapped me on the side of the head. Ah..the good ol' days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. L O L this is hilarious. I can't wait for Klaw to start talking...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think my mom (who had 3 of us) has a touch of tourettes now and "mom" is her tick. She just shouts it out every so often. She says its from us momming her out when we were kids

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. What did you think?