Saturday, July 23, 2011

It Starts Today

I suck at self-motivation.  Seriously.  I have found that I always want the cookie or Frappuccino more than I want a hot body in that moment and I almost always pick NAP over EXERCISE when I have an hour to myself. 

But here's the thing.  I can't afford to buy any more fat clothes.  And the ones I have are growing tight.  It's time to face what I have been dreading.

In my mind I look like this:




But in reality I look more like this:



I am afraid to step on the scale but here goes:

155 lbs.  Shit. 

I am joining Wacky Jacqui in her fitness quest and will be posting weekly about my progress. 

Here are my basic goals. I am an underachiever and believe that I should aim low and not be put off by my lack of results so here goes:
  • I want to be about 135 lbs so I have 20 lbs to lose.
  • I will walk for 30 minutes 3 times a week AND for 15 minutes on my lunch breaks (3 days a week).
  • If I go out to eat (which we seem to do a lot in the summer) I will take half my entree home because the portions are always too big. And NO DESSERT.
  • NO eating after 8pm.  We always eat dinner early and there is no reason to snack at bedtime.
  • 8-10 glasses of water per day. 
  • More Fruits and Veggies
  • Less ice cream.
Truly, if I can just start to feel less lethargic, that is enough for me. 

Anyone want to join up?  I will be posting my progress on Fitness Fridays and would love if some of you joined us.

Selena

7 comments:

  1. I should join you. I cried on the scale this morning!! I want to punch my scale!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT! Set a couple easy goals and check in weekly. Even if you only lose a few pounds its better than crying every time you step on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great plan. And yes, I can relate about choosing the "easier" more indulgent choices. I JUST wrote about that today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a total believer in setting the goals that you can reach! No over-achieving :P Working all this myself... but I don't need to lose weight just get in shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in. I want to lose 25lbs by Monday. No, seriously I want to lose 25lbs, I now weigh as much as I did when I was 9 months pregnant with my first child. Also, I gave you an award, come to my blog to pick it up!
    Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course i can join you!!
    Does this mean one post every friday then about progress??
    Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may not be posting every Friday but as a fellow "want to look like this but instead...ohh a Snickers!" underachiever at exercise I'm all in for trying to keep each other motivated. Good luck with it, your goal sounds perfectly reasonable & achievable!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. What did you think?