Monday, June 6, 2011

I don't suck? Thanks!!!

HOLY CRAP!  I was given another award! 

YAY to MOTHERHOOD (OH AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN) for not noticing that I am so sick I haven't showered in 3 days and that all my posts have been a little sickly lately too.

But I will take it. 

First the official part that I have to do to accept this award:

Seven random facts about me:


1. My first year with Lila was so bad that I swore I would never have another baby.  And I am sticking to it.  I am not a praying woman.  But I cannot tell you how many times I prayed to God during Lila's non stop 10 hour crying fits and my 24 hour post-partum crying fits to just let me live through this without killing her or anyone else and I would never think I was smart enough to try it again.  He let me live. So I have to let Lila be an only child.  For everyone's sake.


"We have to pray just to make it today...Oh yeah, we pray..."

2. I think I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome even though I kind of don't think it's a real disease.  I keep being tested for every illness known to man (which is putting me into debt because I have no insurance) and they can't find any good reason for me to feel so crappy all the time.  I am going with it and asking for a prescription for 2 hour naps every day. 



3. I am in a pretty bad mood as I write this.  I am sick and Lila has been sick and Daddy's been away (hers not mine) and so I apologize for the whining.

4. I thought 30 days of books was going to be fun.  And it was.  For like 12 days.  But here on day 24 or wherever the hell I am , it is getting tedious.

5. I worked at Borders for like half of my adult life.  My only real dream is to one day open my own book store. 


6. I am pissed that Oprah quit before having me on. 


That's right, Oprah.  You missed out on this.  Cry me a f**king river.
7. My laptop is broken and I have to use Ben's computer.  It was put together sometime in 2003 and is the slowest thing I have ever used.  I am trying to get my blog to that "next level" but I am limited by this machine I literally CANNOT get it to log into twitter, which I can easily do on my PHONE!!!.  It also won't let me comment on blogger blogs for some reason.  And this post right here took me an hour.  Yeah.  I am serious.  So Although I am supposed to give this award to something like 15 blogs, I am probably going to have to limit it to 3 or 5.  And they will likely be wordpress blogs.  Unless I can go back to work in the next couple of days to use my work computer. 

Nominations to come.



(p.s.  as always, I just randomly googled these pics.  I have no idea who they belong to but they aren't mine)

9 comments:

  1. Hope you and Lila both feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you have been sick. Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are all of my comments going??? I keep checking back on posts I KNOW I commented on, like the one about Lila and the public schools in your area, but my comment isn't there and I'm like "No wonder I haven't gotten any follow-up comment emails!" GAH!

    Anyway. I am so sorry you're sick....... sending you virtual chicken soup, some Reese's cups, and a copy of Incarceron by Catherine Fisher and The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also pissed that Oprah quit before having you on. You would have been hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am having TONS of problems with commenting. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME it wouldnt let me comment ON MY OWN FRIGGIN BLOG!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogger is stupid, I've been having problems for a week. I went through the same thing with Julia, but I went ahead for #2 and it was much better. Of course, he is now my child who gets suspended for attacking teachers, so you never know.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was already following you on GFC, now I'm on Networked Blogs, too.

    I like the way your mind works! I'm grabbing your button, my friend.

    Also, Blogger is not letting me comment on certain sites, either, so it may not be your husbands computer. Just a little FYI.

    Keep writing--it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I guess I'm not adding your button, because I don't see it anywhere! Maybe my computer sucks, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. What did you think?