Day 12 - A book so emotionally draining that you either couldn't finish it or had to set it aside for a bit.
(I wish this was an option in real life)
This is seriously one of the best books I have ever read. Seriously. I am oh, so grateful that I finished it. But it's tough. The subject matter is tremendously disturbing, unless you find pre-pubescent boys dressing up like little girls and turning tricks at truck stops "easy to read".
I was devastated when I found out that JT Leroy sold the movie rights to this and then came out in public (he/she was a "recluse" which was apparently all a stunt) because the idea that it was a real autobiographical novel added power to it. Still a fucking fantastically powerful read. And who could resist the title?
![]() |
| Image from amazon.com |

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments. What did you think?