Monday, February 14, 2011

Married?

So the other night we were out at Friendly's with my friend who has a 6 year old son named Louie.  He's adorable and Lila was laughing hysterically at all his knock knock jokes.  Louie let me know that on Valentine's day, he believes that he is supposed to pick a girl at school to marry.  He said he didn't really like any of the girls at school and so I told him "that's why we brought Lila here to see you! So you can marry her." 

Lila got DEADLY serious and turned white.  "I DON'T WANT TO GET MARRIED!  NEVER!"  We all laughed, of couse, and I said, "Smart Girl!" 

As you may or may not know, Lila's dad and I are not married.  We just haven't bothered. 

Then I got nervous.  Does Lila not know what marriage is about?  Does she think it's some awful thing? (it kind of is.)  Or is she just like me, not seeing the purpose?

1 comment:

  1. Two thumbs up.

    Although, I am married for the sheer fact that there is paperwork claiming I am his responsibility. No give backs, no do overs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. What did you think?