Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things I don't want to admit but I have to.

1. I often lie and tell Ben that I have really bad stomach cramps so that I can go and sit in the bathroom alone for 20 minutes by myself. At least half of that time, Lila is pounding at the door. I do not feel guilty when Ben tells her to leave me alone because "Mommy's tummy hurts".

2. I put my kid in front of the tv a lot. Breakfast time...It's Calliou time. Lunch time...It's Yo Gabba Gabba time. It's the only way to keep her mellow enough so that she will eat and leave me alone to do quick productive things.

3. I enjoy some of the kids shows that all parents are supposed to hate. Yo Gabba Gabba is fun. The Doodlebops kind of Rock. Thomas the Tank Engine is awesome because it is often narrated by either Alec Baldwin or George Carlin, who may be the two least likely people on earth to narrate a kids show.

4. The only songs I listen to in my own car cheesy kids songs. From "Twinkle Twinkle" to "the Little Teapot" song, I am no longer allowed to listen to real, grown-up music.

5. I totally get it now. I was always super judgemental toward parents when I was still just me. I always thought that leashes and in-car DVD players and Gymboree classes were for losers who just didn't want to really deal with their kids. I have longed for all three in the last 2 hours.

4 comments:

  1. AHHHH...all of it so true. I wrote a post something to this affect a bit ago. . . here it is, I'm sure you can commiserate :)

    http://themeangirldiaries.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-they-dont-tell-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! It's GOOD to be honest! We've all been there and it's good to know that we're not alone!

    Here's one of mine: I hate laundry. I NEVER do it unless EVERYONE is out of underwear. So there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have definitely used the "tummy hurts" bit a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. I'm not quite there yet with the tummy hurting, but I can totally relate. I guess for me I say "I have to work" and end up in front of my computer either blogging or reading blogs. Enjoyed this list!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. What did you think?